5+1+10=... ???

icon_cool.gif

Responder

MensajePublicado: Ene 11 2017    Título:
Dijousmercat | Mensajes: 10028 | Mega Usuario Mega Usuario

Cita:
5+1×10= 15.

¿Verdad?

Se ve que los contables oficiales del foro, se pierden con "tantos" números y utilizan las calculadoras. Lo que no parece que sepan, es que en este caso dan resultado erróneo, pero claro, como las neuronas se encuentran oxidadas... pues eso, que tampoco funcionan correctamente. Snif, snif...

Saludos.- Rahwananda.

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

El meollo del asunto para mí es:

¿Corresponden las imagenes de la comida a lo que los números de la última línea nos preguntan?

O en otras palabras:

¿Qué "quieren saber" los números? ¿Qué nos están realmente preguntando?

Responder

Cita:
¿Qué "quieren saber" los números? ¿Qué nos están realmente preguntando?

Los números no quieren saber ni preguntan nada, más bien somos nosotros los que queremos saber a través de ellos.

Claro está que para conseguirlo, debemos tener unas buenas nociones de su funcionamiento. Luego, hay que tener muy claro lo que buscamos saber, y no mezclar el precio del crudo, con la lluvia... jiji. (O las vacas, con los pulpos encima de los árboles).

Lo que nosotros queremos saber en el segundo post de esta página, es el precio total de lo consumido...

Saludos.- Rahwananda.

Responder

Verás, el escrito (aún que mal redactado por lo poco esclarecedor) está bien, pero como yo soy muy payés, payés, payés..., no me cuadran los signos aritméticos que usas:

si un payés tiene 6 churras en 2 casetas, 40 merinas en 3 tractores y 7 pulpos en 7 cubos, la cosa sería 6 x 2+ 40 x 3 + 7 x 7 = ?

No es por otra cosa... icon_mrgreen.gif

Rahwananda.

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

A ver, este ya lo hemos comentado antes:

Tres viajeros llegan a un hotel a pasar la noche. El empleado, les cobra 30 pesetas por una habitación, para los tres. Cada uno, saca y le paga 10 pesetas. Pasa por ahí el administrador y le dice a su empleado, les has cobrado extra, hazles un descuento de 5 pesetas. El empleado, que era medio pillo, saca 5 pesetas de la caja registradora y les regresa A CADA UNO 1 peseta, echándose 2 pesetas a su bolsillo.

Cada viajero entonces paga en realidad sólo 9 PESETAS.

9×3=27

2 pesetas que se robó el empleado..

9×3=27 + 2 = 29.

¿Pero, qué no habían pagado los viajeros 30 pesetas al principio? ¿Dónde esta la otra peseta?

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

Cita:

A ver si me entiendes: mis pulpos y castañas pintan en ese ejercicio lo mismo que tus cabras y cabañas: NADA.

5+1×10= 15

¿Pero es realmente 15 el enigma?

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

Cita:
The problem isn’t the mathematical operations. It’s knowing what operations the author of the problem wants you to do, and in what order. Simple, right? We use an “order of operations” rule we memorized in childhood: “Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally,” or PEMDAS, which stands for Parentheses Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction.* This handy acronym should settle any debate—except it doesn’t, because it’s not a rule at all. It’s a convention, a customary way of doing things we’ve developed only recently, and like other customs, it has evolved over time. (And even math teachers argue over order of operations.)

“In earlier times, the conventions didn’t seem as rigid and people were supposed to just figure it out if they were mathematically competent,” says Judy Grabiner, a historian of mathematics at Pitzer College in Claremont, Calif. Mathematicians generally began their written work with a list of the conventions they were using, but the rise of mass math education and the textbook industry, as well as the subsequent development of computer programming languages, required something more codified. That codification occurred somewhere around the turn of the last century. The first reference to PEMDAS is hard to pin down. Even a short list of what different early algebra texts taught reveals how inconsistently the order of operations was applied.

Sigo...

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

Cita:
The bottom line is that “order of operations” conventions are not universal truths in the same way that the sum of 2 and 2 is always 4. Conventions evolve throughout history in response to cultural and technological shifts. Meanwhile, those ranting online about gaps in U.S. math education and about the “right” answer to these intentionally ambiguous math problems might be, ironically, missing a bigger point.

“To my mind,” says Grabiner, “the major deficit in U.S. math education is that people think math is about calculation and formulas and getting the one right answer, rather than being about exciting ideas that cut across all sorts of intellectual categories, clear and logical thinking, the power of abstraction and a language that lets you solve problems you’ve never seen before.” Even if that language, like any other, can be a bit ambiguous sometimes.

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

Cita:
Especially in research-level math, we routinely write very complicated algebraic expressions with tons of elaborately arranged symbols. It’s hard enough to decipher these expressions without adding the burden of an ambiguous order of operations. We’ve actually gotten pretty good at writing things clearly. It’s amazing what you can do with the careful use of parentheses and brackets, along with some sensibly chosen notation.

Yet we take school children at the peak of their curiosity, and teach them that math is all about memorizing arbitrary conventions for interpreting unnecessarily ambiguous algebraic expressions. And then we wonder why people hate math!

icon_cool.gif

Responder

Cita:
Pero.... Dos y dos no son cuatro si por ejemplo sumamos dos cabras + dos cabañas....

Lo lógico es que aprendamos a distinguir y separar antes de empezar las operaciones... icon_cool.gif

Rahwananda.

Responder

Cita:
Dijous, te dedico este video que es cortito y en español. Al final tienen algunos ejercicios para que practiques y todo.

Gracias por este vídeo, pero si me "tiraran" las mates, mi hijo es profesor de Uni, además hace plantillas de cursos de mates, desde básica a post grado, las mandan a China, y se las devuelven con contenedores llenos para vender en todo el mundo...

También ha hecho algún que otro trabajo para profesores de Harvard.

Pero viniendo de ti, me lo tomaré como una flor...

Saludos.- Rahwananda.

Responder

O s c a r | | Invitado

Cita:
It's a funny thing, because I'd never heard of the PEMDAS acronym until I started teaching community college math. None of my friends had ever heard of it; artists, writers, engineers, what-have-you, from Maine or Massachusetts or Indiana or France or anywhere. But for some reason these urban schools teach it as a memory-assisted crutch for sort of getting the order of operations about halfway-right (PEMDAS: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplying, Division, Addition, Subtraction.)

But the problem is, it's only half-right and the other half is just flat-out wrong. Wikipedia puts it like this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_operations ):

In the United States, the acronym PEMDAS... is used as a mnemonic, sometimes expressed as the sentence 'Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally' or one of many other variations. Many such acronyms exist in other English speaking countries, where Parentheses may be called Brackets, and Exponentiation may be called Indices or Powers... However, all these mnemonics are misleading if the user is not aware that multiplication and division are of equal precedence, as are addition and subtraction. Using any of the above rules in the order addition first, subtraction afterward would give the wrong answer..."

In my experience, none of the students who learn PEMDAS are aware of the equal-precedence (ties) between the inverse operations of multiplication/division and addition/subtraction. Therefore, they will always get computations wrong when that is at issue. (Maybe prior instructors managed to scrupulously avoid exercises where that cropped up, but I'm not sure how exactly.)

Responder

Publicar una respuesta

Ir a página << Anterior  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 88, 89, 90  Siguiente >>

<<Ver mensaje anterior
:: Ver mensaje siguiente>>

Platica abierta

Cambiar a: